Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 5, 2017

TOP 5 : Manowar





NOW, I think its fairly well established that I like a dash of Dragons and Swords in my metal, thus my vaste appreciation of Power Metal...BUT...way back when , like 1980 -ish, I saw a video on late night tv that almost made me puke , these jackoffs were in their bedroom playing air guitar and carrying on , THEN they turned into what can only be described as Chippendales cavemen, suffice it to say my first viewing of Manowar left me less than impressed...


WARRIORS OF THE WORLD





A mate had an album and to be fair I gave it a listen and it wasnt too bloody bad .....so time went by and I hear that Ross The Boss had got the flick from the band and since he was my personal favourite I was left slightly miffed..



My power metalism expanded over the years into bands like Helloween, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Blind Gaurdian, Nightwish and Avantasia, and I lost track of the Manowar guys.


DIE FOR METAL








COURAGE




Then one day recently I was dicking about on you tube and I discovered Manowar doing "Warriors of the World" live, and to say I was super impressed isnt saying enough.





I BELEIVE



I was that impressed I went to my local purveyor of metallic style cds and or dvds and grabbed a couple of Manowar items ....yep, they were back on my radar and I'm having a heaps good time getting deafened by the boys .
Im even gonna go to their store and grab a dvd and a shirt or two.....sounds like a good idea to me right , you should too





THE DAWN OF BATTLE



ANYWAY....here's to the boys and their legion of fans (The ManoWarriors) may they live long and go down in history as a f**kin great band



HEART OF STEEL



BROTHERS OF METAL, SISTERS OF STEEL




BATTLE HYMN







TURN IT UP























No comments:

Post a Comment